The term ‘phishing’ has been getting a lot of media attention lately. If you believe everything you hear about it, it paints the image the internet is a scary, dangerous place with unscrupulous people waiting to steal your personal information.
Fortunately reputable third party payment providers, like Ezidebit, have sophisticated design systems to protect your sensitive information—including being compliant to the highest security standards according to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
There are also a few other simple steps you can take to keep your information safe:
- Always use an antivirus application and ensure that it is always up-to-date.
- Use personal firewall software.
- Always make sure you have the latest version of all of your software.
- Always use a unique password that is just for your banking software.
- Always use strong passwords.
- Change your password regularly.
- Never save your password on your computer.
- Be careful using your passwords on a computer that isn’t yours.
- Never tell anyone your security questions.
- Always check you are using a secure website.
By taking a little extra effort and following the above points, you can ensure your next chat about phishing is a tale of the biggest fish you ever caught, not one of stolen personal information. Read more about how Ezidebit protects your online information.